Friday, April 18, 2008

Call for Help for Sinnocent Mirabeau

Meditating on the needs of a friend; wearing Venus, by Sinsation


Gentle readers, if you have some extra lindens in your pockets, I've heard of a fellow avatar in need.

Sinnocent Mirabeau, the owner of Sinsation Hair in Hairspray, sent out a notecard with good news and bad news. Since the note is public (she has a dispenser in her store), I reproduce it here to let her tell it in her own words:

Hi everyone.


It is with a heavy heart that I write this, but I figure my crisis and personal heartache can maybe have something good come out of it. Hopefully for myself and for all the people in SL who like my hair or skins and want to get 2 for the price of one.


Anyways, here’s the deal. I normally hold sales like this every few months just for kicks and as a fun way to get people even more hair than they’d normally be able to purchase on their own. However, this sale is of great importance to me for other reasons.


A week ago my 9 month old baby puppy, Eris, (even tho she’s not so little anymore) started to have a mass growing in her ear. I thought she had just gotten bitten by something outside and it would clear up in a few days. Well that didn’t happen. In fact, the mass got about 8x bigger. So I took her to the vet yesterday and got the worst possible news.


She didn't get bitten; she has a tumor and a hematoma forming in her ear and she needs surgery to remove it. Otherwise it will just get bigger and bigger and will either.. rupture… get badly infected…. and most likely both will happen.. and the infection the doc said will eventually kill her.. sooner rather than later.


The even worse news is exactly how much it’s going to cost to save her… Which is $1447.00 US. I was in shock when given that figure because it is just not a price I can even close to afford. I’m getting married in RL in September to my sl hubby and I’ve had to put most of my money towards that for deposits and all the other wedding junk that I need.


The irony is that she was my engagement present, and now… my wedding is the thing that has taken up all my money and put me in this spot. Blah…


So at any rate I’ll get right to the point.. I have a very little window of time in order to raise the money to save her.. so I decided I would do a buy one get one free sale in order to try and help to get some of the money for her surgery.


Everything in my shop is eligible for the sale, nothing at all is excluded. The basic idea is whatever you buy.. you get something of equal or lesser value.. free.


So if you buy a skin you can get a skin free or a couple hairs, doesnt matter. Anything goes.


All you have to do is purchase what you want, then send me a notecard with what you purchased and which items you would like to receive free. I will send them on out to you after that.


I suspect anyone who likes outrageous hair knows of Sinsation. If you've seen some of my Flickr photos, you've seen me sporting Sinnocent's work. It's good, and I want to throw my support behind her. I've already done so materially; I purchased a fatpack for £5,000, and I've requested a £3,500 fatpack as my freebie. Drop yourself into Hairspray region, step over to the pink palace you'll see when you materialize, and let's help out a fellow traveler and good designer.

No comments: